What Does Rollout Provide?
Connectors to major third-party apps (see integrations for the list of supported apps). The connectors consist of:
- Managed auth so users can authenticate their accounts on third-party apps. Rollout securely stores the credentials, supports a variety of authentication methods, and enables users to manage or delete their auth credentials.
- An abstraction over the nuances of each third-party app's API, e.g. Rollout connectors can work with each API's custom auth, pagination, rate limiting specs
A Platform that provides all of the infrastructure required for building robust integrations, including:
- Auto-refreshing auth tokens.
- Webhook subscription management.
- Event de-duplication so that workflows aren't run multiple times for a single event.
- Highly available endpoints to ensure trigger events are never lost.
- Secure infrastructure and development practices (SOC2 & GDPR compliant).
- Scalable architecture that doesn't slow down with traffic spikes.
A Code Framework for building a Rollout connector to your app or any third-party app not yet supported by Rollout's pre-built connectors. The framework provides an API that:
- Enables you to leverage Rollout's platform for your integration infrastructure, so that you only need to specify the business logic
- Provides tools and utils for common integration scenarios, so that you don't have to reinvent the wheel
UI Components that are useful for you to roll out your integrations fast. These components enable you to:
- Allow users to configure their integrations, e.g. which Slack workspace & channel to send messages to.
- Use dynamic or custom fields in various third-party apps, e.g. to add a row to a Google sheet the Rollout component will pull all column names dynamically for users to map data.
- Implement a full workflow automation platform like Zapier, but embedded in your product.
Putting it all together:#
The Rollout Tools app is a live Rollout implementation that gives users Zapier-like functionality for building workflows between the tools they use, like creating a Notion Page whenever they receive an email in Gmail.
Rollout Tools provides this functionality by embedding the Automation Manager UI Component, which gives users access to Rollout's pre-built Connectors to apps like Gmail and Notion. The Automations that users create run on the Rollout Platform. Furthermore, Rollout Tools leverages the Rollout Code Framework to implement its own connector. With Rollout, you can add similar functionality to your app in just a few steps.